Green Valley Boat Works
Canoe and Kayak Plans: Models Available
Updated April 23, 2018
- Our premier 14'10" Solo Tripping Canoe, a new better-looking version of the Osprey (see below).
- New!! Kite S+G: A new web page is being prepared for this model - stay tuned!
- An updated and improved stitch-and-glue version of the Kite. These plans are available in electronic format only, including Tables of Offsets and full-sized panel layouts in dwg and dfx formats. These plans are also available with CNC-ready files, or as a kit from Noah's! Note, these plans were previously known as the 'Osprey S+G.
- A 16'6" tandem/solo Tripping Canoe; if you can have only one canoe, this is it!
- New!! Kipawa S+G:
- An updated and improved stitch-and-glue version of the Kipawa. These plans are available in electronic format and also with paper plans, including Tables of Offsets and full-sized panel layouts in dwg and dfx formats. These plans now include CNC-ready files with puzzle joints, to make ready-to-assemble panels.
- A 17'6" Tripping Canoe for big loads and long trips on big, open lakes and rivers.
- New!! Nipissing:
- A Square Stern Tripping Canoe for those who need a little motorized assist!!
- A 15'8" tandem/solo Tripping Canoe for smaller paddlers.
- A 14'10" Solo Tripping Canoe, originally John's personal boat.
- North Canoe:
- The North Canoe is available in two versions, the Recreational and a 28' Racing version. The Recreational version can be built in either the traditional Voyageurs' style with high ends, or in a Modern style, with low ends, and either style can be built at 25' or 28', or anything in between. These plans are available in electronic format only.
- An 18'4" tandem Tripping Canoe; this is a big, versatile open water boat for people who travel long distances with heavy loads. It has a lot of rocker to make turning easier than normal for such a long boat and yet it still tracks well.
- A 17'3" flatwater solo Touring Canoe, for serious speed!
- An 18' performance tripping Canoe for paddlers who crave speed. Also very popular for "concrete canoe" competitions!
- North Sea:
- A 17' Sea Kayak, suitable for lots of gear and long trips.
- Caspian Sea:
- A 15'3" Sea Kayak, excellent tracking and control, great for novice paddlers.
- Tasman Sea:
- A 13'6" Sea Kayak, for smaller paddlers, short trips and day paddling.
- A 16'4" tandem river Tripping Canoe. John Winters comments about the Dumoine... "Some boats defy classification. The Dumoine is such a boat. Friends who own them swear there is no better white-water canoe and yet summer camps across Canada buy them by the dozens for flat-water paddling. I have given up trying to explain it and have decided to go with the flow. If you think it's a flat-water boat, fine. If you think it's a white-water boat, that's fine too.Ó These plans are available in electronic format only.
- This 16' Solo Flat Water Tripping Canoe is the Osprey's big brother. It is ideal for big paddlers, with big loads, suitable for extended trips. These plans are available in electronic format only.
- The Bering Sea:
- A handsome 15' 8" Solo Sea Kayak, with a 23-1/4" beam for comfort and stability, and a transom end for mounting a rudder. These plans are available in electronic format only.
- The Rob Roy:
- A traditional13' 6" Rob Roy, which can be built in an open deck or closed deck style. These plans are available in electronic format only.
Return To Home Page